We used to offer anodized aluminum pens back in the Slider and Glider days so, when a designer asked about doing a custom run for his brand, we jumped at the opportunity to get some color samples made and they turned out amazing. Aluminum anodizes beautifully, machines quickly with minimal wear on the tooling, and is less expensive than any other material we offer. No telling if we'll keep doing runs or how long they'll be in stock but, if you want to add a cost-effective pop of color to your collection, look no further.
Taste the rainbow...
- INK REFILLS
- All-metal, durable bolt action mechanism
- 7075 aluminum body, tip, and top
- Titanium internal and bolt
- Three lengths: Standard, Short, Mini
- Available in Orange, Black, and Green anodized colors
- Custom clip engraving [+$10]
- Titanium Damascus bolt upgrade [+$20]
- Standard: 5.6", 0.87oz, Pilot G2 0.7mm
- Short: 5.1", 0.84oz, Schmidt EasyFlow 9000
- Mini: 4.4", 0.69oz, Pilot G2 0.7mm Mini
- Diameter: 0.43"
The Standard [5.6"] comes with a Pilot G2 0.7 mm refill, the Short [5.1"] comes with a Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 medium refill, and the Mini [4.4"] comes with a Pilot G2 Mini 0.7mm refill. Many of our customers like to use their own personal favorites, however, and so we put together a list of compatible refills that work with our pens.
Starting with Orange, Black, and Green
We don't have the specialized equipment to do this style of anodizing so our vendor sent us a sampling of colors and we picked these 3 to start. Does that mean we'll offer more in the future? Hopefully.
7075 vs. 6061 Aluminum
Back in 2012, our first aluminum pens were made from 6061 aluminum which is common among other makers but on the softer side. For these we chose 7075 aluminum which is significantly harder and more durable than 6061 – not quite the same as titanium but harder than, say, copper or bronze.